A general contractor is a trained personal in the construction trades who manages construction projects and teams. The bigger the project, the more trained and capable the person administrating the job should be. Every occupation or field of employment draws a certain type of individual. This is owing to both their behavior and ability type.
Alpman Ilker is a general contractor for a construction company located in Denver, Colorado. He is responsible for management of the site, for communicating with suppliers, and coordinating with all shareholders on project standing. The challenging nature of the job refined his skills in allocation, time and task management, and communication.
Mentioned below are some of the traits that are present in the professional general contractors such as Mr. Ilker:
- High ethics: A general contractor follows a horde of rules regarding building codes. Building codes have been put into place by governmental agencies in order to guarantee the safety of each building before it is occupied. A highly ethical professional will be certain that all codes are met properly because they care about their clienteles as well as the law. An individual without an ethical bent may hold back on definite areas to save a dollar. This would result in a defective and hazardous product.
- Aptitude in Mathematics: The construction profession requires a high level of aptitude in mathematics. Engineering tactics, gauging and leveling all involve the ability to perform mathematical functions with proficiency. They need to be able to handle the economic aspects of a project, which necessitate numbers competency, as well. If a professional general contractor has unsteady math skills, the building projects that they work on will be insecure, too.
- Intellect: In order to clear all licensing necessities, a general contractor should be intellectual and should have an excellent memory and be capable of passing exams in order to get their contracting license. He or she must know the importance of each area of study that he or she is verified upon.
- Mechanical aptitude: Mechanical aptitude is an inborn sense to know in what way things function. Walls, tools, roofs, electrical and plumbing systems are all constituents of a building that will need the understanding of the mechanics.
- Gets along well with others: A general contractor must get along with a range of people, including the crews, project’s owner, sellers, contractors and officials. He or she must be able to give respect to others in order to get the job done in the right manner. A general contractor should be able to communicate with everyone involved in the project. It is vital that he or she should be an outstanding communicator.
Thus, a competent general contractor with the appropriate personality traits will make sure that the job is done in the best way possible.
Apart from being a professional general contractor, Alpman Ilker is also an American classic muscle car fanatic. He is a loving father to Tom and Sarah and a caring husband to Susan. He has been married for almost sixteen years now and he says that being a family man is his favorite role in life.